Preschool Summer Camp
Helping Children Learn While Having Fun
Just because the school year is ending doesn’t mean children should stop learning! Ivybrook Academy is happy to offer our Preschool Summer Camp, a seasonal program with exciting themes that will excite your child and help them learn while having fun. This program is designed for children ages 2 – 6, and they will be split up into beginner, intermediate, and advanced groups.
Enrollment is now available!
Sign Up Here
Science In Motion
Is your child the next Albert Einstein or Sir Isaac Newton? Come find out as our junior scientists discover the many mysteries of Science in Motion. Our children will complete in-depth investigations utilizing the scientific method. Lab coats and test tubes will be needed as we move from hypothesis to conclusion with daily fun activities. These intriguing experiments will be sure to keep our children wondering, discovering, and investigating all week. Some of the questions we will be answering include:
· Which items will make a magnetic connection?
· What is friction?
· How does static electricity manipulate the properties of water?
Do you know that there are many marvelous creatures right here in our own backyard? The children will explore animals through movement activities, poems, and colorful art projects. Flying squirrels and black bears will bound through the classroom. Be in the look out as your child will bring home striped bass, box turtles, and slithering rattlesnakes. This splendid quest will take us right into the mountains, foothills, and coast! Together we will research:
· How can I make noise like a rattlesnake?
· Can I construct a dam with the same purpose as a beaver?
· What evolutionary traits have snapping turtles developed in order to adapt to their habitats?
Junior Chef Academy
Our teachers will be welcoming your child to a week filled with healthy snacks and yummy treats. Our chefs will don their aprons and chef’s hats as they cook delicious cuisine and publish their own cookbooks. We will explore the world of culinary arts as we measure, sift, stir, and create edible masterpieces This week we will be wondering:
· How can I make art using food?
· Can I follow the steps of a recipe to make pizza?
· How do my taste buds help me identify different foods?
My Voyage Around The World
Hop aboard our private jet and take a trip around the world. Our itinerary will take us to the Egyptian pyramids, Australian Outback, and African Plains. While visiting we will experience local cultures through art and music. We will be sure to send you a postcard about our amazing adventures. Some of the activities we will participate in are:
· Can I create a unique passport for my travels around the world?
· What food can I prepare for my lunch in Japan?
· Can I decode hieroglyphics for clues to win the great mummy match up?
Come jump in the waves! We will transform our playground into a beach so we can dig in the sand, build sand castles, and learn about the creatures that live under the sea. Our students will dive into this underwater camp adventure! The following are just some of the questions we will answer through this wet and wonderful week:
· How can I use instruments to make ocean sounds?
· How big am I compared to ocean animals?
· Which plant life will I include as I build a coral reef?
Once Upon A Time
Open a book and it can take you on a magical journey. We will jump into the world of make believe and watch as the characters come to life before our eyes! Our authors will write and illustrate their own storybooks, as well as, enjoy many famous stories. The following are just some the questions we will be answering throughout the week:
· What will I use to make Dr. Seuss’ ooey gooey obleck?
· Can I illustrate my predictions of what will happen next, in the story Jack and the Beanstalk?
· Which elements are important to include in my story’s plot?
Their Brightest Future
The Ivybrook curriculum grows with your child. Each of our programs optimize children’s time away from their families by providing developmentally appropriate learning opportunities customized to each child’s needs. Explore your child’s age group in more detail, or read an overview of our program offerings!
*Please check with you local campus regarding UPK availability: