Preschool Summer Camp
Helping Children Learn While Having Fun
Can you believe that SUMMER IS NEARLY HERE! Time for the hustle and bustle of planning vacations, playdates, pool days and CAMPS We are excited to share that Ivybrook Summer Camp registration is open. We are excited to have your child with us and we know that they will have tons of fun experiencing all of the different summer sessions that we have to offer
Just because the school year is ending doesn’t mean children should stop learning! Ivybrook Academy is happy to offer our Preschool Summer Camp, a seasonal program with exciting themes that will excite your child and help them learn while having fun. This program is designed for children ages 2 – 6, and they will be split up into beginner, intermediate, and advanced groups. Each of our campuses may offer different camp weeks, so check with your local Ivybrook for campus-specific information.
Enrollment is now available!
Sign Up Here
Summer Camp Dates
Summer Camp Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00am - 12:00pm
Week 1 June 12 through June 16
Topic: Science in Motion
Is your child the next Albert Einstein or Sir Isaac Newton? Come find out as our junior scientists discover the many mysteries of Science in Motion. Our children will complete in-depth investigations utilizing the scientific method. Lab coats and test tubes will be needed as we move from hypothesis to conclusion with daily fun activities. These intriguing experiments will be sure to keep our children wondering, discovering, and investigating all week. Some of the questions we will be answering include:
- - Which items will make a magnetic connection?
- - What is friction?
- - Can I use centrifugal force to create art?
- - How does static electricity manipulate the properties of water?
Week 2 June 19 through June 23
Topic: Crawly Critters
Do you know that there are many marvelous creatures right here in our own backyard? The children will explore animals of the Carolinas through movement activities, poems, and colorful art projects. Flying squirrels and black bears will bound through the classroom. Be in the look out as your child will bring home striped bass, box turtles, and slithering rattlesnakes. This splendid quest will take us right into the mountains, foothills, and coast of the Carolinas! Together we will research: • How can I make noise like a rattlesnake?
- - Can I construct a dam with the same purpose as a beaver?
- - What evolutionary traits have snapping turtles developed in order to adapt to their habitats?
- - How many striped bass can I catch while fly fishing?
Week 3 June 26 through July 1
Topic: Junior Chefs Academy
Our teachers will be welcoming your child to a week filled with healthy snacks and yummy treats. Our chefs will don their aprons and chef’s hats as they cook delicious cuisine and publish their own cookbooks. We will explore the world of culinary arts as we measure, sift, stir, and create edible masterpieces This week we will be wondering:
- - How can I make art using food?
- - Can I follow the steps of a recipe to make pizza?
- - What kinds of snacks do children around the world enjoy?
- - How do my taste buds help me identify different foods?
Week 4 July 17 through July 21
Topic: My Voyage Around the World
Hop aboard our private jet and take a trip around the world. Our itinerary will take us to the Egyptian pyramids, Australian Outback, and African Plains. While visiting we will experience local cultures through art and music. We will be sure to send you a postcard about our amazing adventures. Some of the activities we will participate in are:
- - Can I create a unique passport for my travels around the world?
- - What food can I prepare for my lunch in Japan?
- - How far can I throw my Australian boomerang?
- - Can I decode hieroglyphics for clues to win the great mummy match up?
Week 5 July 24 through July 28
Topic: Ocean Expeditions
Come jump in the waves! We will transform our playground into a beach so we can dig in the sand, build sand castles, and learn about the creatures that live under the sea. Hermit crabs and swimming fish will be the special guests in our classroom. Our students will dive into this underwater camp adventure! The following are just some of the questions we will answer through this wet and wonderful week:
- - How can I use instruments to make ocean sounds?
- - How big am I compared to ocean animals?
- - What special properties does ocean water have?
- - Which plant life will I include as I build a coral reef?
Week 6 July 31 through August 4
Topic: Once Upon a Time
Open a book and it can take you on a magical journey. We will jump into the world of make believe and watch as the characters come to life before our eyes! Our authors will write and illustrate their own storybooks, as well as, enjoy many famous stories. The following are just some the questions we will be answering throughout the week:
- - What will I use to make Dr. Seuss’ ooey gooey obleck?
- - Can I illustrate my predictions of what will happen next, in the story Jack and the Beanstalk?
- - How can I design a book cover that reflects the message of my story?
- - Which elements are important to include in my story’s plot?
*There are no camp sessions from July 3 through July 14. Ivybrook is closed for Summer Break
Their Brightest Future
The Ivybrook curriculum grows with your child. Each of our programs optimize children’s time away from their families by providing developmentally appropriate learning opportunities customized to each child’s needs. Explore your child’s age group in more detail, or read an overview of our program offerings!